Wednesday, December 22, 2010

End of 2010 Survey

Because Jive Turkey did it, and I'm such a follower:

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Taught belly dance.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really make them, but this year I'd like to send birthday cards to the people I care about. (don't think I don't like you if you don't get one, it's probably just because I suck at keeping up with things)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! Snef gave birth to beautiful Autumn, and Anne had little Sofia!

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.

5. What places did you visit? Only Louisianna this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Some oranization & consistency to my life fortheloveofpete.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Dates? No. I can't remember any of them.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Started my very own belly dance business.

9. What was your biggest failure? Belly dance business failed.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Plantar fasciitis.

11. What was the best thing you bought? a tiny hippo.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Philip's.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No comment.

14. Where did most of your money go? Debt. Debt has been vanquished!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Vanquishing debt!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? 'A Plea from Virtue the Cat' - The Weakerthans

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Um... fatter?
c) richer or poorer? Richer, and about to get super poor.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Crafty things.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Watching TV.

20. How did you spend Christmas last year? With my family. :)

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? All over again.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Veronica Mars.

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2010? Philip and Christina threw me a picnic party at the park, and then Jessi and I had a Kentucky Derby.

24. What was the best book you read? A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bryson

25. What did you want and get? Out of debt.

26. What did you want and not get? Job at Seton.

27. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't see many, as I was being uber frugal... I really enjoyed the Green Zone.

28. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes!

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I could have kept my house cleaner.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? um. slovenly?

31. What kept you sane? Philip.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? uuuuhhhh... I don't really follow celebs much. Perhaps those that involved themselves in the Give a Damn Campaign?

33. What political issue stirred you the most? Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, and the Food Safety Act

34. Who did you miss? Bob

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Sometimes, you have to jump.

3 comments:

jive turkey said...

Wow -- congrats on vanquishing debt! That's aweeeesooooooome. I also wish I would have thought of the It Gets Better people. They were pretty cool.

Thanks for playing along! Happy holidays, lovely lady.

Anonymous said...

There are so many things that you said that were more notable but I still can't help but be excited that Veronica Mars got a spot on your 2010 look-back. Sigh, she makes nice breaks in the hard life. Also congratulations on the achievements and getting through the difficult parts.
-Cedar

Alyce said...

Oh, V. Mars... We're nearly at the end of Season 3!! What will I do when it's over?!