Monday, December 27, 2010

9 Days

That's it. 9 more days of work here. I can't really believe it. I think it'll probably take a couple of weeks after that final day (Jan 7th) to sink in. Maybe once school starts?
I'm nervous. I've worked at this place for over 4 years, and become very comfortable with my income. Financial insecurity scares the shit out of me, especially now that I have a mortgage. I am trying to leap without fear. I know this is the right thing to do, and it's much better than being miserable in a job just because I'm scared to take a dip in income.
I'm a little sad to leave so many great people. I've met some of my closest friends here. (of course, I'll keep in contact with them!) I'll also miss the freedom of doing whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want (for the most part) on my project.
Mostly, though... I'm just excited! A brand new adventure awaits, leading to a brand new career doing something totally different and awesome! I'm excited to be back in school, and excited to learn about the human body. I'm hoping to get a job at Seton, so I can learn more hands-on things about nursing. (like how to poke people with needles! Yay!) I'm thrilled to meet new people and try new things.
Nursing profession, watch out! Here I come!!

2 comments:

Nom de Plume said...

So, sad to see you go. We HAVE to keep in touch. There's still so much cool friending to do.

Alyce said...

Yes ma'am! We will!